Maybe you know her strictly from Saturday Night Live, or maybe it’s her standup routine that’s left you with an aching side from laughing to hard. Regardless of how you were introduced to the comedic genius that is Leslie Jones, it’s safe to say the world is a better—and tremendously funnier—place because of her existence.
It’s not every day one turns 50 years old so to help her celebrate that milestone, here are literally just bunch of reasons why we love Jones.
1. Her 50th birthday dance
2. That time she tried to convince Drake to let her “spank him like a baby”
3. When she hosted the BET awards with so much joy, it was contagious
4. Dancing to “Bodak Yellow” like the boss she is
5. When she tried to play Donald Trump on SNL
6. Her hilarious candor on the show and IRL.
I’m drunk and I want to have sex right now!! Dammit !!
— Leslie Jones (@Lesdoggg) February 22, 2017
7. Jones’ romance with cast mate Kyle…
8. …and the near decline of their relationship
9. Her live-tweeting of Game of Thrones…
10. …and GoT viewing parties with Seth Myers
11. When she was invited to the Olympics and increased patriotism levels in the United States by 300 percent
12. Her muffin moment in SNL‘s “Star Wards Undercover Boss” sketch
13. When she called out publishing house Simon & Schuster for their book deal with alt-right troll Milo Yiannopoulos.
14. Her iconic role in the 2016 remake of Ghostbusters
15. Her hilarious selfies (and commentary) with fellow celebrities
16. Naked and Afraid: Celebrity Edition with Leslie Jones and Peter Dinklage. Need I say more?
17. When she landed a date with a teacher, thanks to Twitter
are single too?
— Leslie Jones (@Lesdoggg) October 16, 2016
18. When she landed a date, thanks to Conan O’Brien
19. When she called out designers for their lack of inclusivity and ended up with a dress from the Christian Siriano
It’s so funny how there are no designers wanting to help me with a premiere dress for movie. Hmmm that will change and I remember everything
— Leslie Jones (@Lesdoggg) June 28, 2016
20-40. All her pickup lines for Colin Jost during her “Weekend Update” appearances
We know it’s cheating to do 20-40, but she really does a lot of them.
41. Using her platform to stand up against Twitter abuse
42. Honestly, Jones live-tweeting any show or movie is amazing—including Captain America
43. When she gave John Cena some life advice and bolstered his confidence
44. Dancing with none other than David S. Pumpkins
45. When she inspired someone’s Pride dress with a simple tweet
46. *no caption needed*
47. Every single one of her motivating gym selfies
48. When she discovered her “inner white girl”
49. When she admitted she was in love with The Blacklist’s James Spader on national television
50. That time she used her platform to uplift others, like Olympian Gabby Douglas, who were getting harassed online
For countless other reasons, thank you for being in our world, Leslie Jones.